Growth is not enough
Brazil’s labour leaders have long argued against pursuing economic growth for its own sake. What matters most, they believe, is not the size of the economic pie but how it’s carved up. In recent years, calls for social justice have increasingly informed policy in Brazil, bringing about a veritable “revolution” in the economy.
Will the world economy brighten in 2014 compared with 2013?
- Lessons from PISA outcomes
- Tax, decentralisation and intergovernmental relations
- Sahel: the search for security
- Banking, ethics and good principles
- Measuring development goals
- Africa must reap the benefits
- OECD Observer Crossword No.3 2013
- Quality apprenticeships: The new degree?
- Who’s smiling now
- Cleaner Dutch energy: A tax success?