How to get it right
Austerity programmes to restore order to public finances can add to the woes of already struggling economies, leading to more job losses and social hardship. But there are ways for governments to put their fiscal houses in order, while supporting growth and reducing income inequality at the same time.
Will the world economy brighten in 2014 compared with 2013?
- President Nelson Mandela: Some personal reflections
- Lessons from PISA outcomes
- Tax, decentralisation and intergovernmental relations
- Sahel: the search for security
- Who’s smiling now?
- Banking, ethics and good principles
- France and PISA: spurring reform?
- Measuring development goals
- Innovation in Latin America
- Stormy waters