Acting on gender
Angel Gurría, OECD secretary-general, Karen Kornbluh, US ambassador to the OECD, and Geena Davis, Academy Award winning actor and founder of the Geena Davis Institute on Gender in Media, at the pre-G20 side event: Growing Economies through Women’s Entrepreneurship, 31 October, 2011, co-hosted by the US and the OECD. Women’s issues, long a priority focus at the OECD, were given a boost at the 2011 ministerial council meeting, where ministers affirmed that women’s economic empowerment is critical to stronger, fairer economic growth.
For more on the conference, see http://usoecd.usmission.gov
Geena Davis Institute on Gender in Media – www.seejane.org
©OECD Observer No 286 Q3 2011
Will the world economy brighten in 2014 compared with 2013?
- Lessons from PISA outcomes
- President Nelson Mandela: Some personal reflections
- Tax, decentralisation and intergovernmental relations
- Sahel: the search for security
- Banking, ethics and good principles
- Who’s smiling now?
- Africa must reap the benefits
- Measuring development goals
- France and PISA: spurring reform?
- Innovation in Latin America