Acting on gender
Angel Gurría, OECD secretary-general, Karen Kornbluh, US ambassador to the OECD, and Geena Davis, Academy Award winning actor and founder of the Geena Davis Institute on Gender in Media, at the pre-G20 side event: Growing Economies through Women’s Entrepreneurship, 31 October, 2011, co-hosted by the US and the OECD. Women’s issues, long a priority focus at the OECD, were given a boost at the 2011 ministerial council meeting, where ministers affirmed that women’s economic empowerment is critical to stronger, fairer economic growth.
For more on the conference, see http://usoecd.usmission.gov
Geena Davis Institute on Gender in Media – www.seejane.org
©OECD Observer No 286 Q3 2011
Where are we in the current economic crisis?
- Women in work: The Norwegian experience
- Clinical trials for better health policies
- Policy can brighten the economic outlook
- Information society: Which way now?
- Asia’s Challenges
- Study abroad
- The EU fish discard ban: Where’s the catch?
- Homo Economicus: An uncertain guide
- Knowledge is growth
- “Made in the world”