Guarding the Net
A statue of Korea's legendary General Lee Soon Shin stands guard outside the Ministry of Information and Communications in central Seoul. A poster announcing a major international joint Korean/OECD ministerial conference on the Future of the Internet Economy to be held on 17-18 June hangs at the front of the building.
The Internet economy: Towards a better future
Can you remember life before the Internet? Can the benefits of this extraordinary technology be multiplied, and how can the thornier challenges be met? Read on...
For more detail on this major conference, please see links below.
©OECD Observer No 264-265 December 2007
Where are we in the current economic crisis?
- Women in work: The Norwegian experience
- Clinical trials for better health policies
- Policy can brighten the economic outlook
- Information society: Which way now?
- Asia’s Challenges
- Study abroad
- The EU fish discard ban: Where’s the catch?
- Homo Economicus: An uncertain guide
- Knowledge is growth
- “Made in the world”