As China’s economic importance on the world’s stage is growing, so is its space programme. Ten years after becoming the third country in the world to launch human beings into orbit, China successively undertook its fifth manned space mission in June, its longest yet. Three “taikonauts” (Chinese astronauts) spent two weeks in orbit in the Tiangong 1 space module.(462 words)
China Snapshot 2013
Find key economic figures and trends for China from OECD Yearbook 2013
Will the world economy brighten in 2014 compared with 2013?
- Lessons from PISA outcomes
- Tax, decentralisation and intergovernmental relations
- Sahel: the search for security
- Banking, ethics and good principles
- Measuring development goals
- Africa must reap the benefits
- OECD Observer Crossword No.3 2013
- Quality apprenticeships: The new degree?
- Who’s smiling now
- Cleaner Dutch energy: A tax success?