The forces driving Asia’s rapid growth–new technology, globalisation, and market-oriented reform–are also fuelling rising inequality. Some income divergence is inevitable in times of fast economic development, but that shouldn’t make for complacency, especially in the face of rising inequality in people’s opportunities to develop their human capital and income-earning capacity.
Will the world economy brighten in 2014 compared with 2013?
- President Nelson Mandela: Some personal reflections
- Lessons from PISA outcomes
- Tax, decentralisation and intergovernmental relations
- Sahel: the search for security
- Who’s smiling now?
- Banking, ethics and good principles
- France and PISA: spurring reform?
- Measuring development goals
- Innovation in Latin America
- Stormy waters