Norway Snapshot 2013
Find key economic figures and trends for Norway from OECD Yearbook 2013
How can we increase employment and strengthen social cohesion? The prime minister of Norway argues that we need urgent action to ensure that an entire generation of young people remains connected to the labour market. We must also address the issue of income distribution to protect the vulnerable and guarantee greater equality of opportunity across our societies.
Ultimately the economic crisis is about people, says Espen Barth Eide, Norway’s minister of foreign affairs. That is why respecting human rights and adherence to democratic principles are fundamental when addressing the current economic crisis. We are in this together, so we need multilateral solutions more than ever.(975 words)
Will the world economy brighten in 2014 compared with 2013?
- Lessons from PISA outcomes
- President Nelson Mandela: Some personal reflections
- Tax, decentralisation and intergovernmental relations
- Sahel: the search for security
- Banking, ethics and good principles
- Who’s smiling now?
- Africa must reap the benefits
- Measuring development goals
- France and PISA: spurring reform?
- Innovation in Latin America